“Lesley is efficient, detailed and a great communicator. She was our saviour for our event! We loved working with Lesley and can’t recommend her enough.”Kate Williams
Bay of Islands
Russell and Paihia
The concept of this family reunion had been in the planning for many many years and there was a group of family volunteers pulling the special event together
The brief to Unforgettable Fun was to be the logistics person on the ground. Pulling all aspects of the event together and making sure every element of the event went smoothly
This included creating all run-sheets for each of the days, liaising with vendors and suppliers and overseeing all logistics
5 days of on-the-ground support, moving 800 people between different locations
- From the opening ceremony at a local venue and then moving 800 people by foot to a Powhiri at TeTii Marae
- Setup and overseeing a beach picnic
- Working alongside other team members to deliver the re-enactment of the family coming into the bay all those years ago
- Open evening event for the family
- Evening celebrations of the coming together of the signing of the Waitangi Treaty
- Final Church ceremony and event closing activities
The logistics of an event of this size over a number of days needed pre-planning and every detail looked at. It wasn’t one for the faint hearted, especially when you have to go in crisis management when the weather gods don’t play nicely and you lose your marquee venue, due to high winds.
From an event setup in a marquee at the local marae for 500 people, to a complete change of venue and new setup within 4 hours of the event starting, that what’s we are about.
Change the plan, find the solution and the show goes on.
Key Vendors: Ash Boyd and Dani Bains